Other important features include:
- Customer relationship management – This feature allows you to use customer information to boost retention and loyalty. You can track guest profiles, their activity history and involvement in loyalty programs, and offer specific rewards programs to retain their patronage.
- Maintenance management – With this feature you can track property ownership, rental info such as taxes, leases, etc., and work orders, schedule maintenance, and communicate with maintenance employees.
- Point of sale (POS) – POS solutions are used by retail stores and restaurants. In hotels, this system allows customers to pay for services such as health club, spa, Wi-Fi, pay-per-view, mini-bar items, room service, restaurant meals and more.
- Front desk and housekeeping – Includes managing check-ins and check-outs, scheduling wakeup calls, coding keycards, supervising the work of cleaning staff, assigning them to work in specific rooms etc.
- Reservations – Hotels should use an effective website that their guests can utilize to make reservations online. They also require an employee reservations tool that helps in room scheduling and availability, and makes it simple to identify reservations, occupancies, and vacancies visually and by using custom searches.
Benefits of Hotel Management Software
- User friendly – Cloud-based systems are easy to install and set up as you only need an internet connection. You don’t need extensive hardware, updating the software is simple, and the app can customized for your individual needs. This adaptability helps hotels to meet the changing demands of modern travelers.
- Remote access – Cloud-based systems enable hotel managers to access information anytime, anywhere, from any device. These solutions continuously back up data in the cloud and make it available to hoteliers in real time. As a result, you can fix customer service issues quickly and easily.
- Distribution system – You can use a PMS that integrates seamlessly with Channel Manager to expand your market reach and boost revenue. This will allow you to keep room rates and inventories up to date for guests wishing to rent rooms. The system offers real-time updates that help to prevent double or lost bookings.
- Automation improves control – Automated cloud-based systems enable hoteliers to enhance efficiency and save time. For instance, you can automatically sync housekeeping with front desk to facilitate seamless communication. You can track and update tasks more effectively and thus offer a better user experience to guests. Another advantage of automation is point of sale functionality that can be used to promptly service the facilities requested by guests.
Software as a Service (SaaS) – These systems are flexible and are fast replacing on-premise solutions. The advantages are you can access the software and data anytime, anywhere. You simply need to pay a monthly fee and save the upfront costs of buying a system and maintaining the IT infrastructure.
Market fragmentation – Hotel management software is relatively easy to develop and for this reason many Canadian and European vendors are entering the US market. This competition is good as it provides better quality and lesser costs to users, but the flip side is it makes purchasing decisions trickier for hoteliers.
Mobility – More and more guests are using their smartphones to book hotel rooms. Therefore, hotels need to ensure their website is easy to use and book on mobile devices. Therefore to improve occupancy rates, individual as well as chain hotels need to offer websites that are optimized for mobile search and bookings.
Ineffective marketing effort
Many hotels and chains still follow old-fashioned and ineffective marketing practices which affects their brand recognition, market share, and revenue. The solution is for hotels to use hotel management software to improve ROI and reduce the workload of their employees.
Hotels need to shell out for hardware, software, and maintenance expenses and also need to hire IT specialists to run the infrastructure. However, these costs are unavoidable as a good hotel management software solution is essential to boost efficiency and productivity.
Disparate hospitality management solutions work in a siloed manner. Because of this you cannot access data in real time across systems. Each application’s data can be only be extracted and used separately. The solution is to ensure seamless integration of all the software platforms you use for easy access to data across products.